Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Decent Introduction

Well, I leapt right into this blog, which at the moment is teaching how I paint an oil painting. However, I provided no introduction, background, or any kind of reasoning as to why I can or want to write this!


That's typical of me (hyperenergetic and jumping right into it), but confusing. Everything needs context. I don't believe in wordy blog posts (please let me know if that happens), so I'll just provide a bit at a time to establish credibility and offer a philosophy about painting, art, horses, and life.

I'm a fine artist and Board Certified Medical Illustrator. Since I was a kid I knew I'd be an artist, and that's what I've aimed for since grade school. Bragging rights: I've worked very, very hard and I've won lots of national and international awards for my artwork (http://www.catherinetwomey.com/awardsexhibitions/). I'm also a published author (articles & journals) which means I have no excuse for bad writing or editing. Mea culpa.

Regarding my past life (in this body) as a medical illustrator, I'm posting a piece that recently won the opportunity to be exhibited at the medical division of TED (http://www.ted.com/pages/registration), TEDMED. It was a great honor to be selected:

As you can see, my medical work is extremely realistic and detailed - along with accurate. I'm a Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators and consider it a noble and rewarding career (http://www.ami.org/)

Of late, however, because I want to and can, I've been focusing on my lifetime love of the fine arts. The goal is to loosen up from the medical illustration style, do wonderful paintings and/or sculptures, give back  a lifetime's worth of knowledge via teaching, and finally, to sell some of my work. 

What I'd like is to continue teaching, but invite you to freely ask any questions you may have about my process or anything else art related. Your input is greatly welcomed and important.

I hope to offer critiques in the future. One step at a time - I'm still trying to figure out what tags are vs. labels...

For a detailed resume, please follow this link to my website:


And thanks for your attention.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment