Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Award Winning Original Art Auction Ends TODAY!

"Advance Mills Hay Bales 1" Auction Ending Today.


Visit the auction on Ebay: Original oil landscape titled



Catherine Twomey
Advance Mills Hay Bales 1

Advance Mills was an old mill town about two miles from my home. The road, Advance Mills, is one of my favorites - twisty, turny, on a ridge - the views along it are so spectacular you really have to focus to stay on it. We looked at buying some of this land, so I spent a lot of time walking it and loved catching it at sunset. You can see why. I had to work fast. The woods behind were already dripped in shadow, with sky holes poking thru. What a glorious day.

Original 6 X 8" oil on archival linen board, unframed.

This is how the painting would look framed:


Advance Mills Hay Bales 1

My artwork has been featured at the world renowned TED (Technology, Education and Design) conference (TED MED in San Diego). I recently won the nationally acclaimed ArtInPlace competition in Virginia which placed a 12' X 24' mural on aluminum of my work, now seen by thousands of commuters daily. Two museums currently house my art: The William H. Benton Museum in Connecticut, and The LLoyd Museum. It was a great honor to be asked to exhibit and I continue to add to their collections. Speaking of collections, my work is a part of hundreds of private collections worldwide.Fine art influencers include Georgia O'Keefe, da Vinci, Rembrandt and Degas. I look to their struggles and triumphs, and their unflinching persistence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment