AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• One Person Show, Mud Dauber Gallery, Earlysville, Virginia, October 2012 - current.
• TED Conference: invitation and exhibition of work in the medical division, TEDMED (Technology, Information & Design) (http://www.ted.com) as a participant, San Diego, California, 2011
• Winner of the 2010 ArtInPlace Mural Competition (http://www.artinplace.org) Charlottesville, Virginia; Barracks Road, Charlottesville, 12 X 24' on Aluminum
• Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators (FAMI), 2009
• Exhibition at the William H. Benton Art Museum, Connecticut
• Numerous works in the collection of The LLoyd Library and Museum. The Library holds, acquires, preserves, and provides access to a wide variety of disciplines that fall under the following subjects: natural history, botany, pharmacy, medicine, scientific history, visual arts.
• Winner of the American Horse Publications Annual Awards, First Place in Illustration for "Da Vinci Horse"
• Exclusive medical illustrator for Roche Pharmaceuticals interactive multimedia program, OTIS: Organ Transplant Information Systems –Award-winning program distributed worldwide for heart, lungs, liver and additional transplant patient education
• Founding Member, Illustrators Partnership of America, (Top 100 Illustrators nationally)
• Salon judge and presenter, 2007 Association of Medical Illustrators Meeting, Bozeman, Montana
• 17th Annual International Exhibition of Animals in Art - University of Louisiana Veterinary School, entry juried in - only 85 accepted out of 900 applicants
• American Horse Show Association "Buy" review of The Guide to Equine Electrolytes: What Every Owner and Trainer Should Know
• International Museum of Surgical Science, juried invitational show
• Association of Medical Illustrators, Award of Excellence; Concepts in Biology
• The RX Club/Art Directors Club, NYC, Best of Medical Art, Award of Excellence
• Association of Medical Illustrators, Award of Excellence; Human Anatomy
• Association of Medical Illustrators, Award of Excellence; Biology: Visualizing Life
• The RX Club/Art Directors Club of New York City; Award of Excellence
• Association of Medical Illustrators, Award of Excellence; Human Anatomy and Physiology
CATHERINE TWOMEY, LLC 2009 – 2013Fine artist specializing in plein air, landscape and equine, interpretations. Board Certified Medical Illustrator, Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators, Founding member American Society of Illustrators Partnership.
ARTISTS ART, LLC 1999 - 2010
Specializing in the logical, concise conveyance of medical illustrations
and communications for the healthcare industries.Clients:
- · United States Dressage Association
- · National Science Foundation
- · EndoArt Corp., Zurich, gastrointestinal gastric band illustrations
- · Roche Pharmaceuticals Organ Transplant Information Systems
- · Pfizer Animal Health
SYBERACTIVE, A DIVISION OF HEALTHWORLD, INC., 1996 – 1999
Interactive Managing DirectorClients:
- · Healthworld Intranet Website, medical advertising agency
- · Clinical Challenges in Decompensated Advanced Heart Failure, Sanofi-Winthrop
- · Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Interactive Sales Training Program, Zoloft
- · Procardia Pfizer Pharmaceuticals sales training program
MEDPRO COMMUNICATIONS, INC. 1991 - 1996, 1999
- · Acquired by Healthworld, Inc., in 1996
- · Production of pharmaceutical illustrations and audiovisuals
- · Medical consultant to film production companies, physician practices and law firms
- · Art directed and illustrated major chapters of numerous college textbooks and reference manuals
- · Illustrations published in The American Journal of Cardiology, Resident and Staff Physician, NBC/HOME Show and Self Magazine
- · National Feature Editor, A.M.I. News
- · Member, American Horse Publications Organization
- · Board Certified Medical Illustrator, member of the Association of Medical Illustrators
- · Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators (FAMI)
- · University of Illinois, B.S. in Biocommunication Arts/Medical Illustration. Coursework in instructional design, illustration, design, surgery, exhibits, audiovisual production and photography.
- · U. of I. Medical School Sciences: human gross anatomy, physiology, neuroanatomy, histology, embryology, pathology.
- · Northern Illinois University Graduate School, M.S. in Art Education, Summa Cum Laude.
Post a Comment