Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back In The Saddle

Me & Kiwi the horse, of course
The Happy Ms. Kiwi & Me, Cover Girls

The hospital where I had my total knee replacement at the end of Feb. somehow decided I'd been the "ideal" patient. Clearly, they did not talk to my (Dear Husband) Rick or my PT Jana. So here are the results of a two hour photo shoot and 1/2 hour airbrushed makeup session. And the beautiful girl in the photo with the kind eyes and perked ears? Kiwi, now known as Kiwi-dashian. It IS great to be back

Note that I ride Ms. Kiwi in the sport of Dressage (United States Dressage Federation/USDF), which Steven Colbert has officially declared "The Sport of the Summer." I am not a rich or fancy person like Ann or Mitt Romney; I'm in the 99%* that love horses and riding, and put horses among the top of my priorities. I try my best to ride in correct biomechanical form, for the good of the horse.

*note the Virginia-clay colored Ariat boots, and though you can't see them, while cleaning them for this shoot, I found two holes in my chaps! Just went and got a new (washable - cool!) pair at Dover Saddlery

— with Bethany Wood in Earlysville.







2 comments:

  1. Hello Catherine,

    I was happy to find your art work and then blog on Artpromotivate. I very much appreciate your work. We have a number of things in common, love of horses and all things horsey I'm certain! I am also an artist and a blogger. I look forward to looking at more of your work and seeing your website, and reading your posts! Congratulations on getting back in the saddle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine,

    Nice to meet you, and I greatly appreciate your kind words. I must look at your blog too, given how much we have in common. It is wonderful to be riding again; I had the best lesson yet today and as you know, it's a terrific feeling. I hope to continue to keep your interest in my work and writing. Best, Catherine

    ReplyDelete